brand the change
the branding toolkit for social entrepreneurs,
disruptors, not-for-profits and corporate troublemakers
The second edition of our toolkit brings you all the knowledge, tools and exercises you need to build your own brand in one publication. It unpacks the brand building process in practical steps, offers you the tools and exercises to build your own brand, offers a rich array of tips from trademarking to digital marketing, and inspires with case studies of successful change making brands.
The first edition of the toolkit (launched as the 'Branding Toolkit for Changemakers') was made possible by 271 backers on Kickstarter.
- The branding process step by step (in four phases comprising 22 steps)
- The anatomy of a strong brand unpacked with dozens of examples of successful brands
- 23 tools and exercises to build your own brand, including the Brand Thinking Canvas
- 14 Case studies of change making brands, like Tony's Chocolonely, BRCK, Macmillan Cancer Support, Soko, Yoni, 23andMe, THNK and others, in which the founders share their experiences and lessons learned in brand building
- 7 Guest essays by leading experts with brand building tips on storytelling, legal matters, getting PR, marketing and more
- The debate: is social good always good branding?
Each purchase represents 1 license for personal or professional use. The toolkit is sold through the online creative content platform Gumroad. Gumroad handles the orders, payment and invoicing. To order, you will be redirected to the Gumroad website.
Second edition, March 2017 Size: A4, 180 pages
Download a free 38page preview of the toolkit through Gumroad.
what people say
‘We want people to be change makers not just change thinkers. These branding tools help Amani Fellows to effectively sell the change they want to see in the world.’—Roshan Paul, president of the Amani Institute
'The toolkit has arrived. And it is amazing. Great work. A lot of time and hard work has gone into it.' –Wasim, London
'This is awesome stuff. We are going to use this method for all the ventures in our portfolio.' –Dave, Rotterdam
‘Our participants blossomed before our eyes within hours of working with the Brand Thinking Canvas. It was a truly inspiring moment.’ —Princess Reema Bint Bandar Al Saud, founder of Alf Khair
last copies of the limited, first edition
The second edition of our toolkit is only released in a digital format. If you looooove paper, we have a few limited edition printed toolkits left from our first edition which we produced as Kickstarter rewards. You will be one of only 500 people who are the owners of a paper copy, complete with fold out posters of the Brand Thinking Canvas and worksheets!
- First edition of the toolkit (Published in March 2016)
- Limited edition with a print run of 500 copies
- Size: A4, 132 pages
- 90 grams FSC paper with 2 color printing
- Includes a separate folded Brand Thinking Canvas set and 8 blank worksheets
The limited edition toolkits are sold through Stattys, our partner in Germany. Stattys handles the orders, payment and invoicing. You will be redirected to the Stattys website.