brand the change
the branding guide for social entrepreneurs,
disruptors, not-for-profits and corporate troublemakers
From crowdfunded, self-publishing success to book stores across the world: Brand the Change will be published by BIS publishers worldwide at the end of 2017!
This third edition of our book is completely revised and updated. It brings you all the knowledge, tools and exercises you need to build your own brand in one publication. It unpacks the brand building process in practical steps, offers you the tools and exercises to build your own brand, offers a rich array of tips from trademarking to digital marketing, and inspires with case studies of successful change making brands.
The first edition of the toolkit (launched as the 'Branding Toolkit for Changemakers') was made possible by 271 backers on Kickstarter in 2015. Check out the crowdfunding video above.
- The branding process step by step (in four phases comprising 22 steps)
- The anatomy of a strong brand unpacked with dozens of examples of successful brands
- 23 tools and exercises to build your own brand, including the acclaimed Brand Thinking Canvas
- 13 Case studies of change making brands: Tony's Chocolonely, BRCK, Macmillan Cancer Support, Soko, Yoni, THNK, Dr. Ayana Johnson (leader of the March for Science), Sanergy and others, in which the founders share their experiences and lessons learned in brand building
- 7 Guest essays by leading experts with brand building tips on storytelling, legal matters, getting PR, digital marketing, brand architecture and more
- The debate: is social good always good branding?
what people are saying
‘We want people to be change makers not just change thinkers. These branding tools help Amani Fellows to effectively sell the change they want to see in the world.’—Roshan Paul, president of the Amani Institute
'The toolkit has arrived. And it is amazing. Great work. A lot of time and hard work has gone into it.' –Wasim, London
'This is awesome stuff. We are going to use this method for all the ventures in our portfolio.' –Dave, Rotterdam
‘Our participants blossomed before our eyes within hours of working with the Brand Thinking Canvas. It was a truly inspiring moment.’ —Princess Reema Bint Bandar Al Saud, founder of Alf Khair
'We use the toolkit to help our clients transform their business by engaging their employees to join the change tribe. The tools and exercises enable teams to see organisational change as a positive movement they can all be a part of.' –Manuel Grassler, Haufe